Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

I think I found my niche...

I'm inspired.

I've registered my team for the 2011 Relay for Life. I've also been tossing around a few fundraising ideas for the kids in particular.

My Dad was a big golfer. So I'm thinking about getting used golf balls donated to us, clean them up and have the girls draw/write a logo or catchy slogan on them and then sell them for a few bucks a dozen at garage sales, etc. When people see all the proceeds are going to cancer research they are more inclined to buy them (and more so when they see it's kids selling them)

I'm at a loss for a catchy phrase or slogan though. Papa's Balls sounds a little too crude.
Feel free to throw some ideas out to me.

I'm one of these people who tends to go a little overboard when I find something I really like. I think this is one of those cases. As much as being in the rain and being cold and tired and sore was, I felt so great for doing it and I know my $1500 was but a drop in the bucket but it was $1500 more than they had when I didn't participate. And I was focusing on something worthwhile and important and it made me feel good. And more importantly, it makes me feel as though my Dad didn't die in vain.

So, I think this might be my 'thing'. I know it will drive my family crazy (in particular my brothers) but too bad. This is too important to not try.

So, the link to our 2011 team is on the right side of the page. I'm going to get the kids registered just as soon as I have the money and we're going to get started. We raised over $1500 on our first time out. I'm determined to beat that next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment