Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

It has been the week from hell and just to top it off I just spilled soup down the front of my favourite shirt. That's what I get for trying to drink the broth straight from the bowl. Classy.

Why has it been the week from hell you ask? Well, for starters next week will be a short week for me. We're having our new windows and doors installed so I've closed the daycare for Thursday and Friday. Three day work week. Woohoo! Won't be many of those with the window debt hanging over me. But because I'm looking forward to something next week it just made this week take longer.
I also had one of the daycare kids here for an extra few days this week. She's the same age as Conman and she's sweetie. The thing is, Connor doesn't so much think so. He's still very much in the world of the toddler. If it's mine, it's mine. If it's yours, it's mine. If I thought of it an hour ago, it's mine. You know the drill. So naturally, life with two 18 month olds has been nothing short of tiring and an ongoing battle to control the rage. My boy has rage. He clenches his fists and screams at the top of his lungs. And he goes purple. And the little daycare girl eggs him on. She'll clench her fists and scream, only halfheartedly and then laugh.

Then there's the backyard. My nemesis. We've been in this house 7 years and I'm still waiting for the backyard to be done. Last year I thought it would finally be done. I begged to sod the whole thing but Sean insisted we should seed and all would be fine. We tilled, we laid a bunch a seed and we kept the kids off it for months. The grass came in and all was right with the world.
And now, it's a dust bowl again. All the grass has died and much of it has seemingly vanished. The kids need showers right after coming in from the backyard.

So the battle continues. Hindsight is 20/20 and Sean now sees the error of his ways. We'll be sodding this year. Grrr.

I need some wine and a hot bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment