Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

I Caved

I'm sure if I go back far enough my blog I will find the post in which I talked about how I'll never own a smart phone. I didn't need to be that connected all the time. I didn't need 24/7 access to the internet and my email.

The truth is, I still don't.

But I caved non the less.

I got an iPhone.

I've reached that point in my life where Sean asks me what I want for Christmas and I'm at a loss. It's not that I don't want things. I want lots of things. But I weight the wants vs the needs and the 'do I really want to spend that kind of money on that?'

I can ask for clothes. But I've already got a lot of clothes and frankly, I'm just not that into fashion. I have clothes for work and clothes for weekends and to be honest, most of the time at home I'm in my pajamas.

I got my laptop. I've got my amazing camera and though I want some new lenses most of them fall into that 'I don't want to pay that much for that' category.

I don't need anymore kitchen gadgets and my girlfriend downloaded something like 100 books on my Kobo.

So, I'm asking for little things, a new mouse for my computer. A laptop cooling pad. A new winter coat.

And an iPhone.

There have been no fewer than 5 occasions in the past month that I've needed access to the internet while out of the house and have not had it. There was the trip to the farm a few weeks ago with my class where I forgot to bring the memory card for my camera and couldn't take any pictures (because on my old phone the camera is a piece of crap and even if it wasn't I don't know how to get the pics from the phone to the computer)

All issues that could have been avoided if I'd had an iPhone.

So last night Sean and I went to the store and got me a brand spankin' new iPhone. And a case. Merry Christmas to me.

And now, despite the fact that I vowed in the past to never own a smart phone I'm making a new vow.

I will NOT become one of those people who has their face stuck in their phone during dinner, conversation, social events, etc.  Because that is one of my all time biggest pet peeves.

And now that I've got my Christmas present 16 days early Sean can fill the gap with the little gifts that I've asked for.

Merry Christmas to me!!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I don't have one, either, which of course has given me the right to become WAY too sanctimonious about folks who ALWAYS have their faces glued to it and post EVERY single picture of any and all life events and non events to Facebook as they are occurring. (I think I have issues).

    Enjoy your new phone, and all the other little goodies you will be getting for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete