Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

I Have a Confession to Make

Remember that time when I said I'd never have a smartphone; I didn't need to be connected 24/7?  And then I went and got an iPhone? Yeah, here's another funny story like that one....

I have school aged children and what do school aged children love?

They love Minecraft.



They have it on their iPods. We have it for the xbox.

Now I'll admit, in the beginning I didn't really get the point of the game. I understood there was survival mode in which you need to stay alive, eat, not get killed by zombies, etc. There was also creative mode in which you could build your world.

I decided to give this game a whirl after my most recent surgery. I mean, what better thing to do when flaked on the couch full of drainage tubes and percocet?

So I played creative mode with Mary and decided to build myself a house.

Holy shitballs, I loved it! I build myself a beautiful two story house complete with balcony overlooking my beach, a rec room with an emergency exit/tunnel. Now I'm busy making the outside nice, with gardens and farm animals.

I have a neighbour though, Emily, and she's trying to outdo me so it's become a bit of a pissing match to see who can build the most awesome house. (I will win!)

Who'd have thought this cheesy little game that I didn't understand would become so addictive?

1 comment:

  1. you scare me...my boy want me to get it so badly...

    ReplyDelete