Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Meet the Girls

You thought I was going to put a picture up didn't you? Ha, the jokes on you, these girls are staying covered. This ain't Playboy, yo! 

Seriously though. My surgery was two weeks ago and I'll admit while I'm so happy with my new rack my recovery is taking a lot longer and is a lot rougher than I thought it would be. 

I'm sore, which I expected but I also developed an infection around the drainage tube site. I spiked a fever and started throwing up last weekend and ended up going to the emergency room. I got new antibiotics and it looked like things were improving but now this morning I have a fever again and am really nauseous. 

Add to this insomnia because I am now only taking Tylenol for pain which means my body has to relearn how to sleep without the aide of prescription strength pain killers. 

Oh, and allergies. It would appear that the list of things I'm allergic to it growing because I spent all day yesterday sneezing and snotting.  Nice image isn't it?

But this isn't meant to be a pity party. Because, my friends, my reward for having had my breast cut off and hacked into 100 tiny pieces, going though chemo, radiation and herceptin, losing my hair, gaining 25 lbs, and feeling like I've lost myself is that I now have the boobs of a 20 year old. Well, okay the truth is my reward for going through all that is that I'm here to complain about insomnia and pain and nausea. 

But I've also got a great rack. 

And for that, I'm ecstatic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment