Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tasty Tuesday's Return - Tomato and Pepper Chicken

You read that right. Contain your excitement. I know, it's hard but I'm bringing Tasty Tuesdays back. You wanna know why? Because I love food. (Hence the reason for the second half of my post yesterday....)

Also because I have that super awesome app, SnapRecipes and I screwed something up and managed to delete every single recipe I had stored in there. On my iPad and my iPhone. Yup. literally hundreds. Gone. And the joke is on me because in my I-hate-clutter-and-I'm-not-going-to-take-it-anymore purge-fest I threw out all the paper copies.


I know.

So the other day I wanted to make my Zesty Lime Chicken but I didn't have the recipe. And then a stroke of genius hit me and I checked right here on my little ol' blog and sure enough....there it was.

Back-up. Suhweet!

Anyhow, enough babbling....
Today's mouth watering recipe....Tomato and Pepper Chicken

I love chicken breast but I'm also lazy so I buy boneless skinless chicken breast. It's faster and healthier but it can also be bland as hell and dry.

But not this way.

Tomato and Pepper Chicken

Ingredients:

5 chicken breasts (yes 5, I have a family of 5 so all my recipes are for 5. You can adjust to suit you)
1 large can stewed tomatoes (I like getting the Alymer ones because they make them in different 'flavours' like chili or Italian style)
2 bell peppers
4 stalks of celery
1 cup of white wine

Slice your peppers and celery (I like to do mine in big chunks.)

Put the chicken breast in a baking dish, and cover with all the other ingredients. Bake at 350 until cooked thoroughly.

I usually serve this on a bed of brown rice. And I usually don't make a veggie to go with it because it's chalk full of veggies anyway. The chicken will be so tender and moist and flavourful.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

And don't forget - cooked tomatoes contain  lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that lowers your risk of heart disease and certain cancers. Delicious and healthy!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment