Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Fascinating

I like cruising around blogger, finding other interesting blogs to read. Some of the blogs I follow belong to friends. Some are suggestions from friends and some I just stumble upon.
A while ago I stumbled onto this blog. I think it's interesting and enjoy reading about the things he finds.
Reading his blog not long ago led me to this blog and specifically to the post it's linked to. It's all about how the guy from the first blog found someones baby book from 1926 and wanted to return it to the family and how the guy from the second blog helped. I've been hooked to the story and it's been so fascinating. Can't wait to read the final installment.

So, what's new.
Well this past weekend was probably the best weekend I've had in I don't know how long. I managed to get my laundry and shopping done on Friday while the kids were in school. This freed up the weekend completely. So on Saturday we went to the mall and walked around. We played in the toy store, we oooh and aaahed the animals in the pet store and we shared fries in the food court. And we managed to get out of there without spending a dime (except on the fries) and with no whiney, cranky kids.
Sunday we went to the zoo. It couldn't have been a better day for it and we got there before the zoo even opened, which meant not only was it deserted but the animals were also still pretty active.
I got some great pics and when I enhanced them with some editing software they looked even more fantastic.
But then this morning I showed Sean the camera I'm lusting after and took some pics with it. He now sees how much better the quality is and I've got my fingers crossed that Santa will bring me one.
Anyway, it's the first time in I don't know how long that I've actually enjoyed my weekend.
Let's hope the week is as good.
















1 comment:

  1. What camera are you looking at? We have a Nikon D60 DSLR and LOVE it! I recommend it to everyone :) Glad you had such a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete